!!doctype html public "-//IETF//DTD HTML//EN">
Directory Freedom Information
Once upon a time...
You didn't need a hard disk for your personal computer (which was fortunate because disks back then looked and sounded like unbalanced washing machines).
Today's small, high-capacity disk drives have changed all that. But doesn't it frustrate you that the programs which are supposed to help you manage all that capacity take so much of it for themselves?
End the frustration with Directory Freedom!
Because it is written 100% in assembly language, Directory Freedom provides all this and more in a standalone 35 KB program:
- Copy, delete, and move files inutitively and with the minimum number of keystrokes
- Modify file and directory attributes to manage your backups and protect your files
- Define function keys to call programs which you use
- Configure SmartViewers to automatically view archives and pictures
- Change time/date stamps and edit volume names
- Use extended screen modes on EGA and VGA systems
- Examine your system with a detailed information screen
- PLUS: Customize colors, function key commands, viewers, and many other program switches with a user-friendly configuration program
Ideal for both the latest Pentium system and the most venerable laptop, Directory Freedom addresses the needs of both the novice unsure about cryptic DOS commands and the experienced user who just wants to avoid typing in whole lists of filenames.
Just a few of the comments made by satisfied customers:
- "This is the most user-friendly program for file management I have come across."
- "This is my most useful program."
- "Great product! I've used it for only two days and I'm already so hot for it that I'm registering!"
- "The best $25 I ever spent!"
And, from ComputorEdge magazine:
- "...simply the most useful software you'll ever find." (February 17, 1995)
Click to download the latest DF software
Directory Freedom and its sources are now being distributed under the General Public License (GPL). I am making the sources available under the terms of that license agreement.
You can also download the sources here. This archive file with the sources includes the current software distribution so this is the only file you need.
Return to Bit Masons' Home Page